The SmartLipo was designed and developed to provide a lightweight, compact complex device for powering the model aircraft servos and receivers.
How it work
SmartLipo have integrated 1-cell LiPo battery; high frequency, high perfomance switching 5V regulator; switching charger with 1C charge rate preset; battery voltage monitor based on high perfomance low power flash based MCU.
Simply remove jumper from “Charge In” port and you will obtain 5V DC on servo wire.
Plug it back and 5V regulator will be powered off.
Connect 5-15 VDC to “Charge In” port and device will start to charge its LiPo cell with preset charge rate.
1. Only 1 cell in series:
- No need of balance charging like it needed in 2S, 3S configurations;
2. Integrated High-perfomance high frequency switching booster convert for 5V
- No RF noise (compatible with almost all FM receivers);
- Up to 4A input current from Lipo cell(Up to 1.5A output current);
- No Thermal shutdown cutoff like it can be with linear regulators (if the overcurrent occur device will lower the output voltage to limit dc-dc converter input current). So with this feature you will not have total loose of control with new digital receiver like it can be with linear regulator.
3. Integrated hight perfomance switching charger:
- Charging directly from any DC source like wall adapter, Pb battery, car adapter or even other LiPo pack.
- Sound indication of charging(short “tick”s) and completion of charging(short “beep”s)
4. Integrated battery monitor:
- “Beep” indication of battery voltage level each time you remove the jumper from “Charhe In” port (Voltage(V)=3.5V+(Number of long Beeps)*0.1V).
- Low battery level “trill” show you that the battery voltage is too low( lower than 3.5V)
- Device will automaticaly power off the 5V circuit as soon as voltage on the cell will drop downto 2.85V.
||Preseted Charge Rate, A
||Approx. Total Weigh, g
||Max. Static Output current, A
Output Voltage: 5.0V*
*Voltage can drop down to 4.8V under full load
Another resources about this product.
RC Soaring Digest(page 49):
RCGroups Thread about ELF DLG:
RCGroups Thread about Blaster 2 New Servo Layout:
Where to buy:
All SmartLipo Batteries are in stock and can be purchased directly from us or one of our dealers(please visit dealers page on the top of this page).